One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A smartphone having a screen which is intermediate in size between that of a typical smartphone and a tablet computer.‘a 3.5 inch screen is inadequate in a market that is trending towards phablets’
- ‘Whether the Note 2 should be called a phone or a tablet is a moot point, but as yet, it's essentially the only phablet on the market.’
- ‘I'm still not convinced that 5.5-inch phablets are a mass-market opportunity or even an enduring product.’
- ‘The new phablet will be sold in the same way as a smartphone.’
- ‘The company came from nowhere to display a raft of phones, phablets and tablets that were really rather impressive.’
- ‘Phablets are especially well suited for emerging economies, since consumers in those markets don't want to buy both a tablet and smartphone.’
Early 21st century: blend of phone and tablet.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.