One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An accessible store of money kept by an organization for expenditure on small items.
coins, loose change, small change, cash, coinage, coin, coin of the realm, hard cash, silver, copper, coppers, goldView synonyms
- ‘There is also a reminder that cash must not be kept on the company premises with the exception of petty cash.’
- ‘You stole the £1 coins we had set aside for our petty cash.’
- ‘A separate investigation is ongoing into the disappearance of petty cash from the Council's Planning Office.’
- ‘Any amounts below $100 can be claimed through petty cash using an expense claim form.’
- ‘Police in Trowbridge are warning retailers to stop leaving petty cash in their stores overnight after burglars broke into a town centre hairdressers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.