One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for petit bourgeois
- ‘While the inner-city lumpen layers and the well-heeled, suburban petty bourgeois seem to represent opposite poles in American society, their social existence is similar in certain respects.’
- ‘Over half a century ago, the founder of the Fourth International, Leon Trotsky, conducted his own struggle against a petty bourgeois, radical opposition inside the Fourth International.’
- ‘In all fairness, one must add that the peasant is far from being a unique ‘species’; the urban petty bourgeois in all countries is in the same boat, and poses as much headache for the Marxists as the peasant does.’
- ‘‘Oppressed woman’ does not adequately sum Alma up: she is also a spoiled petty bourgeois with more than a trace of anti-Semitism in her blood, a victimizer as well as a victim.’
- ‘Arcand's film expresses a mood of those overwhelmed, morally decomposing Quebec petty bourgeois who have groped their way, however reluctantly or hesitantly, toward a new orientation based on power and wealth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.