One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for petit bourgeois
- ‘Arcand's film expresses a mood of those overwhelmed, morally decomposing Quebec petty bourgeois who have groped their way, however reluctantly or hesitantly, toward a new orientation based on power and wealth.’
- ‘In all fairness, one must add that the peasant is far from being a unique ‘species’; the urban petty bourgeois in all countries is in the same boat, and poses as much headache for the Marxists as the peasant does.’
- ‘Over half a century ago, the founder of the Fourth International, Leon Trotsky, conducted his own struggle against a petty bourgeois, radical opposition inside the Fourth International.’
- ‘‘Oppressed woman’ does not adequately sum Alma up: she is also a spoiled petty bourgeois with more than a trace of anti-Semitism in her blood, a victimizer as well as a victim.’
- ‘While the inner-city lumpen layers and the well-heeled, suburban petty bourgeois seem to represent opposite poles in American society, their social existence is similar in certain respects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.