- another term for petrosal
- ‘The jugular foramen, a passage between the petrous portion of the temporal bone and the jugular process of the occipital bone, may be divided into two parts by intrajugular processes.’
- ‘CT of the petrous temporal bones demonstrated opacification of the left mastoid air cells and left middle ear cavity.’
- ‘The normal course of the internal carotid artery in an adult sees the vessel enter the petrous temporal bone medial to the styloid process via the carotid canal.’
- ‘Caudal to the temporal lobe is the petrous portion of the temporal bone and the mastoid air cells.’
- ‘Behind the temporal regions, note the two wide and deep grooves which outline the petrous parts of the temporal bones.’
Late Middle English: from Latin petrosus stony, rocky from petra rock from Greek.