One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Analysis of petrophysical properties measured on horizontal profiles across a normal fault indicated horizontal compactional strain and layer-parallel shortening associated with faulting.’
- ‘However, the petrophysical analysis shows similar porosity changes approaching a shear zone, suggesting that this is characteristic of the Boom clay, and not a peculiarity of the Kruibeke Fault Zone or methodological bias.’
- ‘The stratigraphy of Unit 2 is known only from stratigraphic reports that are mainly based on cutting analyses and petrophysical interpretation.’
- ‘Other authors have disputed that there is a systematic correlation between porosity and permeability in dolostones, or that these two petrophysical parameters are enhanced in dolostones relative to limestones.’
- ‘Changes in the petrophysical characteristics therefore are not caused by compositional variations, but are believed to result from internal matrix strain (density increase, porosity reduction).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.