One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of science concerned with the origin, small-scale structure, and composition of rocks.
- ‘The petrology of British Palaeocene igneous rocks shows that the asthenosphere was unusually hot and that the lavas were produced by fractional crystallization of larger volumes of melt near the Moho.’
- ‘Geochemistry and petrology of the turbidites suggest deposition in a forearc basin.’
- ‘We combine field relations, structural geology, petrology, thermobarometry and geochronology to interpret the tectonic evolution of the Everest Himalaya.’
- ‘Integrated studies of metamorphic petrology and structural geology constitute a powerful tool for understanding the tectonic evolution of the inner zones of orogens.’
- ‘Although their ages are correlative with the Parana Volcanic Province magmatism, the geochemistry, petrology and isotopic compositions of the Salta Rift magmas show different source regions and petrogenetic processes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.