(of a woman) having a small and attractively dainty build.‘she was petite and vivacious’
small, dainty, diminutive, slight, little, tiny, elfin, delicate, small-bonedweepint-sizeddinkyView synonyms
- ‘The young lady was petite and delicate featured.’
- ‘Classic Japanese and Thai restaurant, Zen, is recruiting petite women as waitresses at the restaurant.’
- ‘Following him was a petite woman who also was in her mid forties but didn't look a day over thirty five.’
- ‘A set of feet came quickly down the staircase, letting into view the figure of a petite woman in a loose white dress.’
- ‘She was petite with delicate features and hands that seemed to be ageless.’
Late 18th century: French, feminine of petit small.