One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A quadrillion (10¹⁵) watts.‘each year warm-core eddies shed southward the equivalent of about 0.3 petawatt of power’
- ‘Their calculations show that circularly polarized light from petawatt lasers - which are currently under construction around the world - could induce incredibly short blasts of synchrotron-like radiation.’
- ‘Scientists at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL; Livermore, CA) achieved a focused intensity approaching 10 W / cm with their petawatt laser before it was closed down in 1999.’
- ‘Copious numbers of energetic electrons are accelerated to mega-electron-volt energies during the petawatt laser/matter interaction.’
- ‘The National Nuclear Security Administration, which oversees petawatt laser development, is mainly interested in adding HEPW capability to its major facilities for radiography, isochoric heating studies, and fast ignition.’
- ‘The latest generation of petawatt lasers, for example, can produce focused infrared pulses with an intensity of 10 21 watts per square centimetre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.