One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A quadrillion (10¹⁵) watts.‘each year warm-core eddies shed southward the equivalent of about 0.3 petawatt of power’
- ‘Copious numbers of energetic electrons are accelerated to mega-electron-volt energies during the petawatt laser/matter interaction.’
- ‘Their calculations show that circularly polarized light from petawatt lasers - which are currently under construction around the world - could induce incredibly short blasts of synchrotron-like radiation.’
- ‘The latest generation of petawatt lasers, for example, can produce focused infrared pulses with an intensity of 10 21 watts per square centimetre.’
- ‘The National Nuclear Security Administration, which oversees petawatt laser development, is mainly interested in adding HEPW capability to its major facilities for radiography, isochoric heating studies, and fast ignition.’
- ‘Scientists at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL; Livermore, CA) achieved a focused intensity approaching 10 W / cm with their petawatt laser before it was closed down in 1999.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.