Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A unit of computing speed equal to one thousand million million (10¹⁵) floating-point operations per second.
- ‘Its computational power has now surpassed the five petaflops mark.’
- ‘Various experts made estimates of the long-range computing power needed for their disciplines in units of petaflops.’
- ‘With two stages of enhancements, its performance will grow to in excess of one petaflop.’
- ‘That topped the list in June with a rate of 1.75 petaflops.’
- ‘Commissioned by the National Science Foundation, it would be the fastest computer in the world, the first to break the petaflop barrier.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.