One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Look after a pet or pets while their owner is away, usually staying at the owner's home in order to do so.‘they call upon trusted friends to pet-sit when they are out of town’
- ‘I used to pet sit her bunny whenever she went away with her parents and she'd buy me movies while on vacation.’
- ‘Maybe she could suggest to Myra that she add the iguana to her feeding duties, and so get access to the second floor the next time she pet-sat.’
- ‘I swore we would never pet-sit again.’
- ‘For less than £25 a night you can hire an Animal Aunt who will pet-sit in your home.’
- ‘After calling in sick, she had holed up at the home of a wealthy Mexican family for whom she pet-sat from time to time.’
- ‘Jeremy pet-sits his neighbors' pets in an effort to discover which pet will best suit him.’
- ‘Some attend fund-raising events, while others help deliver food, walk dogs or pet-sit when clients are not at home.’
- ‘You can even pet-sit horses. I've petsitted horses before and it's easy.’
- ‘I'm assigned to seven dogs, which I walk individually. I also pet-sit cats.’
- ‘She says her best job was petsitting dogs, cats and horses for Schwaby's Pet Care’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.