One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Jewish term for the Passover festival.
- ‘But surely there's an irony to the April meet-up being on the First Seder Night of Pesach.’
- ‘This question is strengthened by a glance at other holidays that also have a story behind them, namely, Pesach, Succot, Tisha B'av and Purim.’
- ‘We say it on the Three Pilgrim Festivals, Shevvot, Succoth and Pesach and we also say the memorial service when somebody dies, at the service itself.’
- ‘My in-laws, who are amazing, usually come to London twice a year, for the High Holidays and for Pesach.’
- ‘On Pesach these accusations were magnified with many Church leaders and lay people feeding the lies.’
- ‘The authors provide several recipes for holiday foods and craft ideas, such as Purim puppet heads and matzah covers for Pesach (Passover).’
- ‘Were their Christmas dinners more festive than our Pesach seders?’
- ‘Every year, the Pesach Seder opens with a table of contents.’
- ‘Family and friends gather for Pesach Seder meals.’
- ‘After Pesach he and his family went for a short while to Vilna.’
- ‘It is significant that this latest war began on the holiday of Pesach.’
- ‘Imagine the scene during one of the holidays - Pesach, Shavuot or Sukkot.’
- ‘Since it was only in the year A.U.C. 783 and 786 that the Jewish Pesach could have fallen on a Friday, AUC 786 is the more probable date of the crucifixion.’
- ‘This Shabbat is the fourth of the four special Parshiot, which are read before Purim and Pesach.’
- ‘He had to fight for years to be allowed matzah on Pesach.’
- ‘I believe Pesach is about simplicity.’
- ‘Passover, or Pesach as it's called in Hebrew, might be familiar to some people who are familiar with the word paschal lamb.’
- ‘I saw my Auntie Vera when I was at home for Pesach, and she commented to me: ‘have you lost weight?’’
- ‘But when Spring comes around, so does the Jewish holiday of Pesach.’
- ‘Last Pesach, the only ones to show up at my house were my parents.’
From Hebrew Pesaḥ.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.