Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of reading or examining something.‘I continued my perusal of the instructions’[count noun] ‘a quick perusal of the index to the book reveals an interesting fact’
study, scan, scanning, scrutinyView synonyms
- ‘A selection of videos in the lounge awaited our perusal.’
- ‘For those of a philosophical bent, my results are posted below for your perusal.’
- ‘After lengthy perusal of the instructions, I managed to change the green neon clocks on the video, the hi-fi and the cooker.’
- ‘He set it back on the wooden plate and continued his perusal of the records.’
- ‘Archives and libraries and museums have any amount of information and documents available for perusal.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.