One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of reading or examining something.‘I continued my perusal of the instructions’‘a quick perusal of the index to the book reveals an interesting fact’
study, scan, scanning, scrutinyView synonyms
- ‘He set it back on the wooden plate and continued his perusal of the records.’
- ‘A selection of videos in the lounge awaited our perusal.’
- ‘For those of a philosophical bent, my results are posted below for your perusal.’
- ‘Archives and libraries and museums have any amount of information and documents available for perusal.’
- ‘After lengthy perusal of the instructions, I managed to change the green neon clocks on the video, the hi-fi and the cooker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.