One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of having a ready insight into things; shrewdness.‘the perspicacity of her remarks’
astuteness, sharp-wittedness, sharpness, acuteness, acumen, acuity, intelligence, cleverness, smartness, alertness, wit, canniness, common sense, discernment, insight, understanding, penetration, perception, perceptiveness, perspicaciousness, discrimination, knowledge, sagacity, sagenessperceptiveness, shrewdness, astuteness, discernment, perception, penetration, percipience, perspicaciousness, sharpness, sharp-wittedness, quick-wittedness, keen-wittedness, clear-sightedness, sharp-sightedness, far-sightedness, acuteness, acuity, cleverness, canniness, intelligence, insight, wit, judiciousness, sound judgement, acumen, sagacity, wisdom, sageness, sensitivity, intuition, intuitiveness, understanding, discrimination, keennessView synonyms
- ‘Artists, like great religious leaders, show amazing perspicacity in this respect.’
- ‘It is, moreover, written with an attention to syntax commensurate with the author's historical perspicacity.’
- ‘Your perspicacity in phrasing such a question is a source of wonder to me.’
- ‘There is nothing heartless about his intelligence or his perspicacity.’
- ‘Few can observe their impulses with perspicacity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.