One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or condition of being an individual person.
- ‘These incentives are created by global rules that protect rights of property and contract but not rights of personhood and labor.’
- ‘From that point on, through the rebuttal and cross-examination, the debate became mainly an argument over the notion of personhood.’
- ‘Nor is personhood determined by size or development.’
- ‘Certain images, differing somewhat in form and purpose by ethnic group, stand for various aspects of personhood.’
- ‘This discussion strikes to the very core of a theology of personhood.’
- ‘Goods now not only reflected status, but revealed personhood.’
- ‘While it certainly won't forestall all attacks on my personhood, perhaps some will be defused.’
- ‘Most bioethicists would agree that the primary issues revolve around matters of dignity and personhood.’
- ‘Over and above every other characteristic, trust is essential to personhood.’
- ‘Such symptoms rob individuals of their dignity, autonomy, and personhood.’
- ‘Historically, Kant is the most noted defender of personhood as the quality that makes a being valuable and thus morally considerable.’
- ‘It's simple: some people have some very strange ideas about personhood and personal identity.’
- ‘Even minimal awareness would support some criterion of personhood, but I don't think complete absence of awareness does.’
- ‘Clothing signals humanity and incites conceptions of dignity, personhood, and bodily integrity.’
- ‘Our very social existence depends on the recognition of our personhood and our ability to be recognized and understood by others.’
- ‘Underneath this view is a deeper view of personhood.’
- ‘One reason it is important not to equate personality with personhood is so that the former properties can flourish without fear that the latter title will be revoked.’
- ‘The abuse destroyed my sense of personhood and what little there was of a sense of masculinity.’
- ‘It is central to the notion of personhood and community and is not something from which an individual can easily withdraw.’
- ‘As we consider the meaning of this type of suffering and how it relates to personhood, we should not neglect the spiritual dimensions of this disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.