Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A deeply ingrained and maladaptive pattern of behavior of a specified kind, typically manifest by the time one reaches adolescence and causing long-term difficulties in personal relationships or in functioning in society.
- ‘The long-term projection for people with paranoid personality disorder is bleak.’
- ‘It seems the defendant is suffering from a paranoid personality disorder.’
- ‘People with schizoid personality disorder avoid relationships and do not show much emotion.’
- ‘Antisocial personality disorder is best understood within the context of a broader category.’
- ‘The former have an avoidant personality style, the latter an avoidant personality disorder.’
personality disorder/ˌpərsnˈalədē diˈsôrdər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.