Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Commercial services such as catering and cleaning that supply the personal needs of customers.
- ‘Though I would understand if those who have narrow views concerning the personal services industry might prefer not to read anything on this subject.’
- ‘Subsequently, the city thrived on tourism and the provision of financial, business, and personal services to Bay Area, regional, and transpacific customers.’
- ‘At the moment, the council operates a means-tested charging policy for personal services which affects around 2,400 people in the city.’
- ‘However, financing, real estate, business services, and community and personal services moderated the services sector growth.’
- ‘The word ‘service’ in the second clause isn't modified by the word ‘personal,’ indicating that there are services that aren't personal services.’
- ‘Emotion work is seen in a whole range of personal services, from retail and catering to airline cabin crews.’
- ‘Preethy said because she targeted middle and upper-income consumers, she offered personal services such as providing free drinks at her boutiques.’
- ‘For Asia, its reputation for quality personal services and hospitality is a powerful asset on which to leverage an Asian hotel brand.’
- ‘You can't force somebody in a personal services contract.’
- ‘Contracts claim to be for nonpersonal services but are administered on a personal services basis.’
- ‘In the case of many one-to-one personal services, the service provider's own personnel constitute by far the most important element of the total service offering.’
- ‘Roughly 28 percent were employed in community or personal services, 20 percent in wholesale or retail trade, 16 percent in manufacturing, and 10 percent in agriculture.’
- ‘This would provide a libertarian rationale for not enforcing personal services contracts.’
- ‘In the information technology and personal services sectors, however, a different trend is taking place.’
- ‘The range of average annual increases was between 3.1% in the recreational and personal services area to 4.5% in construction.’
- ‘Forty-four percent of minority entrepreneurs are in the service industry, with nearly half providing business or personal services.’
- ‘Among services, it is the community, social and personal services group that is expected to show the sharpest decline.’
- ‘Manufacturing, hotels or the personal services sector continues to attract most early school leavers.’
- ‘Both deliver personal services that may be better delivered by much smaller institutions.’
- ‘But in areas of part-time employment, in hospitality and personal services, I would have thought that other things would be very important.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.