Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Movable property; belongings exclusive of land and buildings.Compare with real property
- ‘Apart from pledge, English law divides security over personal property into mortgages and charges.’
- ‘There are many items of personal property whose loss causes emotional distress that far outweighs their market value.’
- ‘The ownership of land, as opposed to personal property, is subject to particular rules.’
- ‘Real property and personal property may have different rules applied to them.’
- ‘Leases remain personal property to this day and the distinction can sometimes prove to be of importance.’
personal property/ˈpərs(ə)n(ə)l ˈpräpərdē/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.