Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer program functioning as an address book, organizer, calendar, etc.
- ‘Not just the personal information manager, or PIM, but all its software works that way.’
- ‘From simple text files to full-blown personal information managers, there's bound to be one method that fits your way of working.’
- ‘I tried the personal information manager first.’
- ‘It also includes a personal information manager (calendar, address book, etc.), e-mail, a web browser and other utilities.’
- ‘To match it, the personal information manager has also been enhanced.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.