One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rule violation involving illegal contact, as (in basketball) touching a player who is in the act of shooting.
- ‘When he retired after 13 seasons, he owned the franchise records for games, points, free throws, assists, steals and personal fouls.’
- ‘He also has to be careful not to lose his temper and draw personal fouls.’
- ‘He got one rebound, committed one personal foul, and missed one shot in two minutes.’
- ‘Defensively, the team has committed more than its share of personal fouls.’
- ‘He picked up two personal fouls, committed one turnover, and headed back to the bench.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.