One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rule violation involving illegal contact, as (in basketball) touching a player who is in the act of shooting.
- ‘Defensively, the team has committed more than its share of personal fouls.’
- ‘He also has to be careful not to lose his temper and draw personal fouls.’
- ‘He got one rebound, committed one personal foul, and missed one shot in two minutes.’
- ‘He picked up two personal fouls, committed one turnover, and headed back to the bench.’
- ‘When he retired after 13 seasons, he owned the franchise records for games, points, free throws, assists, steals and personal fouls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.