One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Completely baffled; very puzzled.‘she gave him a perplexed look’
- ‘One has a look of perplexed surprise; the other, a haughty indifference.’
- ‘In a short moment a smile had formed on Seth's once perplexed face.’
- ‘His face screwed up into a perplexed expression.’
- ‘That edginess was not helped by the sort of erratic refereeing which caused perplexed reactions in both technical areas.’
- ‘Sophie looked up at his perplexed face and started laughing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.