One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The continuation or preservation of a situation, idea, etc.‘we criticized the perpetuation of racial stereotypes’‘perpetuation of the species is our purpose’
- ‘Does this make us unwittingly collusive in the perpetuation of wealth inequity?’
- ‘Most of all, I am concerned about a perpetuation of unsavoury sales practices.’
- ‘Apparently, they're willing to accept the fact that their organizations are built for perpetuation rather for than innovation.’
- ‘The perpetuation of her lineage informs her decisions in both centuries.’
- ‘The Australian competition was largely responsible for the perpetuation of gumleaf playing in the second half of the 20th century.’
- ‘Demigods remain above such suffering, often contributing to the perpetuation of suffering.’
- ‘The goal should be a slower and more balanced economy, not the perpetuation of the bubble.’
- ‘In companies with a great brand, like Dell or Starbucks, everyone is a citizen participating in the perpetuation of the brand.’
- ‘By forming our emotional constitution in particular ways, our society helps to ensure its own perpetuation.’
- ‘Indeed, Machiavelli did hold the view that the perpetuation of the state was more important than the life of the individual.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.