One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The continuation or preservation of a situation, idea, etc.‘we criticized the perpetuation of racial stereotypes’‘perpetuation of the species is our purpose’
- ‘Indeed, Machiavelli did hold the view that the perpetuation of the state was more important than the life of the individual.’
- ‘Does this make us unwittingly collusive in the perpetuation of wealth inequity?’
- ‘By forming our emotional constitution in particular ways, our society helps to ensure its own perpetuation.’
- ‘Demigods remain above such suffering, often contributing to the perpetuation of suffering.’
- ‘Most of all, I am concerned about a perpetuation of unsavoury sales practices.’
- ‘The perpetuation of her lineage informs her decisions in both centuries.’
- ‘Apparently, they're willing to accept the fact that their organizations are built for perpetuation rather for than innovation.’
- ‘The goal should be a slower and more balanced economy, not the perpetuation of the bubble.’
- ‘The Australian competition was largely responsible for the perpetuation of gumleaf playing in the second half of the 20th century.’
- ‘In companies with a great brand, like Dell or Starbucks, everyone is a citizen participating in the perpetuation of the brand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.