One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The situation of play when a draw is obtained by repeated checking of the king.‘he clinched the title by forcing a draw by perpetual check’
- ‘The winning process is more difficult and the probability of a perpetual check is higher.’
- ‘Black can prolong the game by checking white's king, but there seems to be no hope of drawing by perpetual check.’
- ‘White forced perpetual check a few moves later.’
- ‘Find a game where perpetual check can be forced from the third move.’
- ‘In this case, the move cripples White's queenside pawn structure and creates an important drawing scheme for Black: perpetual check.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.