One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Keeping the torso vertical, take a step rearward lowering the body perpendicularly to the floor.’
- ‘This enzyme is composed of two distinct subcomplexes, arranged perpendicularly to each other in an L-shaped structure, which undergo independent assembly.’
- ‘The camera selector may include a first circuit board containing passive electronics perpendicularly coupled to a second circuit board containing active electronics.’
- ‘If you whack at a stalk perpendicularly, I learned, your machete simply bounces back.’
- ‘When the axis is tilted up or forward (which is referred to as mid-roll), the track of the ball is rotating more horizontally than perpendicularly to the lane.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.