One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An anise-flavored liqueur.
- ‘Pour over the wine and drizzle with a little Pernod.’
- ‘His drinks of choice are Pernod, Tequila, Southern Comfort, Jim Beam and any Scotch whisky that costs more than Chivas Regal.’
- ‘The liquorice and aniseed aromas and flavours are so dominant that you could be drinking Pernod or Ricard - at about half the price.’
- ‘Carlos came back with a tray of bottles: Gin, whiskey, Pernod, Fernet Branca and a small bottle of bitters.’
- ‘He tells her that Pernod isn't good for her, and she scoffs at him.’
- ‘That helped improve operating profit at Pernod's main wine and spirits unit by between 8% and 10% and reduce debt to about E1.8 billion at year end.’
- ‘Add the Pernod and simmer until reduced by half, about two minutes.’
- ‘A half-empty bottle of Pernod sits on his desk beside the box of doughnuts.’
- ‘We then skipped desserts, but accepted a Pernod as the nightcap.’
- ‘Add the Noilly Prat or vermouth and Pernod, then cook until reduced right down.’
Named after the manufacturing firm Pernod Fils.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.