One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability of a substance to store electrical energy in an electric field.
- ‘In both cases, the lowering of the local permittivity entails a free energy decrease.’
- ‘This would be in agreement with previous computer simulations of the permittivity of cytochrome c.’
- ‘He calculated that a material that had a negative permittivity and a negative permeability would also have a negative refractive index.’
- ‘These interactions are screened by a dielectric permittivity of the order 10.’
- ‘First, his instrument included a permittivity sensor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.