One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Well, your Honour, it is a question of what one can permissively do.’
- ‘A permissively raised ‘me’ generation that was brought up to think only of itself is bringing back the rule book now that it has children of its own.’
- ‘The technology has numerous other uses, significantly reducing the distribution costs of public domain and permissively shared art and speech.’
- ‘In the long run, when children are treated too permissively, their behavior can become bigger and more drastic.’
- ‘If powers are precisely rather than permissively formulated, procedures to render visible occasions of use are constructed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.