One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in video games) a situation in which a character cannot reappear after having been killed.‘you can fail a mission and the game will continue, with permadeath for any soldiers lost in battle’
- ‘The game features permadeath: any upgrades and items collected don't carry over.’
- ‘Anyone trying to play it without that expectation might be put off by the permadeath and constantly resetting level progress.’
- ‘Altough the game doesn't get nearly as much attention as some of the other upcoming mmorpg's, it certainly has some very interesting features: aging of characters, permadeath, degrading skills and offspring to name a few.’
- ‘My dream Aliens game would involve permadeath, with your squadmates dropping and never coming back.’
- ‘I suppose the counter-argument in favor of SFU permadeath in the Strike Force missions is the fact their outcome has an impact on the campaign story.’
- ‘Combat is one of the many areas where the game shines, not least because of the high stakes and unbearable tension that permadeath creates.’
- ‘Like a shooter with RPG elements, FTL uses permadeath and heavy randomization while eschewing the traditional dungeon crawl.’
- ‘Permadeath means you're unlikely to get that far on your first few runs through the game.’
- ‘Players will have to manage their troops carefully, because, like other entries, "Awakening" has permadeath.’
- ‘Death holds true to JA 2's permadeath rules: if a mercenary bites it, they're gone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.