One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in video games) a situation in which a character cannot reappear after having been killed.‘you can fail a mission and the game will continue, with permadeath for any soldiers lost in battle’
- ‘Permadeath means you're unlikely to get that far on your first few runs through the game.’
- ‘Anyone trying to play it without that expectation might be put off by the permadeath and constantly resetting level progress.’
- ‘Players will have to manage their troops carefully, because, like other entries, "Awakening" has permadeath.’
- ‘Death holds true to JA 2's permadeath rules: if a mercenary bites it, they're gone.’
- ‘Like a shooter with RPG elements, FTL uses permadeath and heavy randomization while eschewing the traditional dungeon crawl.’
- ‘The game features permadeath: any upgrades and items collected don't carry over.’
- ‘I suppose the counter-argument in favor of SFU permadeath in the Strike Force missions is the fact their outcome has an impact on the campaign story.’
- ‘My dream Aliens game would involve permadeath, with your squadmates dropping and never coming back.’
- ‘Altough the game doesn't get nearly as much attention as some of the other upcoming mmorpg's, it certainly has some very interesting features: aging of characters, permadeath, degrading skills and offspring to name a few.’
- ‘Combat is one of the many areas where the game shines, not least because of the high stakes and unbearable tension that permadeath creates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.