Situated or occurring around a ventricle, especially a ventricle of the brain.
- ‘Perfusion to the periventricular region actually may increase following shunt surgery.’
- ‘Grossly, calcium deposits are found characteristically in a periventricular location.’
- ‘There was diffuse, abnormal signal intensity within the periventricular white matter, consistent with post radiation changes.’
- ‘This new pressure distends the ventricles, stretching surrounding nerve fibers and compressing the periventricular parenchyma.’
- ‘Lesions may be single or multiple, discrete or diffusely infiltrative, and are often deep-seated and periventricular.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.