One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the peritoneum, typically caused by bacterial infection either via the blood or after rupture of an abdominal organ.
- ‘Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis is a common complication of cirrhosis, with high mortality.’
- ‘The diagnosis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis heralds advanced liver disease.’
- ‘Patients who have cirrhosis with ascites are prone to spontaneous bacterial peritonitis.’
- ‘In tuberculous peritonitis, the peritoneum is studded with multiple yellow-white tubercles.’
- ‘At one time or another, he indicated that he had high blood pressure, peritonitis, and gastritis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.