Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the peritoneum, typically caused by bacterial infection either via the blood or after rupture of an abdominal organ.
- ‘At one time or another, he indicated that he had high blood pressure, peritonitis, and gastritis.’
- ‘Patients who have cirrhosis with ascites are prone to spontaneous bacterial peritonitis.’
- ‘The diagnosis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis heralds advanced liver disease.’
- ‘Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis is a common complication of cirrhosis, with high mortality.’
- ‘In tuberculous peritonitis, the peritoneum is studded with multiple yellow-white tubercles.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.