One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Side vision; what is seen on the side by the eye when looking straight ahead.
- ‘Its purposes are only in sharp focus when they appear in your peripheral vision.’
- ‘In my peripheral vision, I saw everyone in the café stand up out of their seats.’
- ‘The issue then becomes what standard of vertical peripheral vision is required.’
- ‘There was a flash of something in his peripheral vision, and without thinking he turned towards there.’
- ‘She crouched down a little, and kept the pole within her peripheral vision.’
- ‘She is legally blind in the affected eye, although she has some peripheral vision.’
- ‘Doctors say they don't how long it will take before he recovers fully and he currently has no peripheral vision to his right side.’
- ‘The sunglasses themselves have a great range of vision up and down and pretty good peripheral vision.’
- ‘By invoking peripheral visions, we are advocating an epistemology that seeks out narratives generated from other points of view.’
- ‘A large, scrawny black dog appeared in his peripheral vision; he heard the cooing of an owl.’
- ‘I've started seeing things, sort of like large vertical dark blurs in my peripheral vision.’
- ‘The side or peripheral vision is lost first and that is why visual loss goes undetected until is it quite advanced.’
- ‘The effect was to blot out the centre of my vision, leaving me with just peripheral vision around the edges.’
- ‘In my peripheral vision I saw a light streak across a short distance of the sky - if it had been just a few feet away.’
- ‘Also, your peripheral vision and your direct vision respond to flicker differently.’
- ‘He started to notice things skirting just inside of his peripheral vision.’
- ‘He must have seen me in his peripheral vision because he spun to face me, backing up a few paces with hands held up in a gesture to ward me off.’
- ‘The disease causes a progressive loss of central vision but does not affect his peripheral vision.’
- ‘They may also examine your eyesight, your peripheral vision, and your ability to make tears.’
- ‘In my peripheral vision, I caught the ring of expectant eyes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.