One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Side vision; what is seen on the side by the eye when looking straight ahead.
- ‘She is legally blind in the affected eye, although she has some peripheral vision.’
- ‘I've started seeing things, sort of like large vertical dark blurs in my peripheral vision.’
- ‘She crouched down a little, and kept the pole within her peripheral vision.’
- ‘The disease causes a progressive loss of central vision but does not affect his peripheral vision.’
- ‘He started to notice things skirting just inside of his peripheral vision.’
- ‘The effect was to blot out the centre of my vision, leaving me with just peripheral vision around the edges.’
- ‘They may also examine your eyesight, your peripheral vision, and your ability to make tears.’
- ‘The issue then becomes what standard of vertical peripheral vision is required.’
- ‘Doctors say they don't how long it will take before he recovers fully and he currently has no peripheral vision to his right side.’
- ‘The side or peripheral vision is lost first and that is why visual loss goes undetected until is it quite advanced.’
- ‘There was a flash of something in his peripheral vision, and without thinking he turned towards there.’
- ‘The sunglasses themselves have a great range of vision up and down and pretty good peripheral vision.’
- ‘A large, scrawny black dog appeared in his peripheral vision; he heard the cooing of an owl.’
- ‘He must have seen me in his peripheral vision because he spun to face me, backing up a few paces with hands held up in a gesture to ward me off.’
- ‘In my peripheral vision I saw a light streak across a short distance of the sky - if it had been just a few feet away.’
- ‘Its purposes are only in sharp focus when they appear in your peripheral vision.’
- ‘Also, your peripheral vision and your direct vision respond to flicker differently.’
- ‘In my peripheral vision, I caught the ring of expectant eyes.’
- ‘In my peripheral vision, I saw everyone in the café stand up out of their seats.’
- ‘By invoking peripheral visions, we are advocating an epistemology that seeks out narratives generated from other points of view.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.