The nervous system outside the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘The autonomic nervous system includes parts of the central and peripheral nervous systems.’
- ‘The primary sites of toxicity are the central and peripheral nervous systems, with particular toxicity to the cerebellum and motor cortex.’
- ‘In addition to generating the peripheral nervous system, neural crest stem cells generate other tissues such as bone, cartilage, some types of muscle, and even part of the heart.’
- ‘The nervous system is subdivided into the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.’
- ‘Electrical synapses couple the electrical activity of neurons in central and peripheral nervous systems of vertebrates and invertebrates.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.