One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the membrane enveloping a bone.
- ‘It is important to rule oat underlying and treatable problems, such as stress fracture, Baker's cyst, soft tissue mass, pes planus, muscle herniation, or diffuse periostitis, before considering a surgical solution.’
- ‘In the most experienced skaters, acute injuries and tibial periostitis occurred most frequently during summer training.’
- ‘The male had severe periostitis (bone disease) for many years, which may even have caused some neurological disorders.’
- ‘Reactive bone may be seen but periostitis is not common unless there is pathologic fracture.’
- ‘Less common features include clubbing, periostitis, amyloidosis, and granulomatous disease of bone and joint.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.