Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the membrane enveloping a bone.
- ‘The male had severe periostitis (bone disease) for many years, which may even have caused some neurological disorders.’
- ‘Reactive bone may be seen but periostitis is not common unless there is pathologic fracture.’
- ‘Less common features include clubbing, periostitis, amyloidosis, and granulomatous disease of bone and joint.’
- ‘In the most experienced skaters, acute injuries and tibial periostitis occurred most frequently during summer training.’
- ‘It is important to rule oat underlying and treatable problems, such as stress fracture, Baker's cyst, soft tissue mass, pes planus, muscle herniation, or diffuse periostitis, before considering a surgical solution.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.