One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the membrane enveloping a bone.
- ‘The male had severe periostitis (bone disease) for many years, which may even have caused some neurological disorders.’
- ‘Less common features include clubbing, periostitis, amyloidosis, and granulomatous disease of bone and joint.’
- ‘It is important to rule oat underlying and treatable problems, such as stress fracture, Baker's cyst, soft tissue mass, pes planus, muscle herniation, or diffuse periostitis, before considering a surgical solution.’
- ‘In the most experienced skaters, acute injuries and tibial periostitis occurred most frequently during summer training.’
- ‘Reactive bone may be seen but periostitis is not common unless there is pathologic fracture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.