Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A function returning to the same value at regular intervals.
- ‘His results concern the approximation theory of almost periodic functions.’
- ‘These turned out to be doubly periodic functions and are called elliptic functions.’
- ‘This has been done by subtracting a periodic function from the data.’
- ‘This is where any mathematical function is expressed as the sum of an infinite series of other periodic functions.’
- ‘In particular he had found a continuous periodic function whose trigonometric interpolating polynomials, corresponding to equally spaces mesh points, diverge almost everywhere.’
periodic function/ˌpirēädik ˈfəNGkSH(ə)n/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.