One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function returning to the same value at regular intervals.
- ‘His results concern the approximation theory of almost periodic functions.’
- ‘This has been done by subtracting a periodic function from the data.’
- ‘This is where any mathematical function is expressed as the sum of an infinite series of other periodic functions.’
- ‘These turned out to be doubly periodic functions and are called elliptic functions.’
- ‘In particular he had found a continuous periodic function whose trigonometric interpolating polynomials, corresponding to equally spaces mesh points, diverge almost everywhere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.