Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the time, usually a number of weeks, immediately before and after birth.
- ‘They were transferred to our neonatal intensive care unit with a presumptive diagnosis of perinatal asphyxia.’
- ‘These results demonstrate that perinatal inflammation can influence lung development.’
- ‘Preterm birth is a major challenge in perinatal health care.’
- ‘Studies have shown that perinatal and paediatric autopsies are performed best by perinatal and paediatric pathologists.’
- ‘Obtain a thorough medical and dental history, covering the prenatal, perinatal and postnatal periods.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.