One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the time, usually a number of weeks, immediately before and after birth.
- ‘Preterm birth is a major challenge in perinatal health care.’
- ‘They were transferred to our neonatal intensive care unit with a presumptive diagnosis of perinatal asphyxia.’
- ‘These results demonstrate that perinatal inflammation can influence lung development.’
- ‘Obtain a thorough medical and dental history, covering the prenatal, perinatal and postnatal periods.’
- ‘Studies have shown that perinatal and paediatric autopsies are performed best by perinatal and paediatric pathologists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.