One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Measurement of a person's field of vision.
- ‘In the recent check up I was diagnosed with early stage of chronic open angle glaucoma in both eyes by computerised field perimetry - left eye more than right, although left eye is much less myopic than right one.’
- ‘But glaucoma in particular could only be detected through eye examinations, and to check thoroughly three tests were needed - ophthalmoscopy, tonometry and perimetry.’
- ‘Fundoscopy showed severe disc swelling, and perimetry showed visual field defects, which were most extensive in both lower quadrants.’
- ‘Current evidence suggests that the defect is unlikely to develop if perimetry gives normal results after more than three years of treatment.’
- ‘Intraocular pressure, the optic nerve, and perimetry provide complementary clues but are not easily combined in population-based screening programs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.