One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fluid between the membranous labyrinth of the ear and the bone that encloses it.
- ‘A pressure gradient between the perilymph of the inner ear and the middle ear cavity can occur, causing rupture of the labyrinthine windows (round and oval) and leakage of perilymph into the middle ear.’
- ‘Vibrations of the oval window are transmitted to the perilymph in the scala vestibuli and across the vestibular membrane to the endolymph of the cochlear duct.’
- ‘The stapes has a large footplate which fits into the oval window of the inner ear and transduces the physical movement of the bones back into pressure waves in the perilymph of the inner ear.’
- ‘The light of visible lasers is not absorbed by clear fluids such as perilymph.’
- ‘He found marked temperature elevations in perilymph fluids with visible lasers, and thus concluded that only non-visible lasers should be used for stapedotomy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.