One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the pericardium.
- ‘These complications include pleural infection or empyema, meningitis, purulent pericarditis, or endocarditis.’
- ‘The addition of corticosteroids is recommended for patients with tuberculous pericarditis and tuberculous meningitis.’
- ‘A post-mortem examination later found that the animal had been suffering from chronic pneumonia and pericarditis, an inflammation of the membranes of the heart.’
- ‘Depending on the underlying cause, the acute inflammatory response in pericarditis may produce serous fluid, pus, or dense fibrinous material.’
- ‘Carditis associated with rheumatic fever manifests as pericarditis, myocarditis, and most commonly, endocarditis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.