One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the pericardium.
- ‘These complications include pleural infection or empyema, meningitis, purulent pericarditis, or endocarditis.’
- ‘The addition of corticosteroids is recommended for patients with tuberculous pericarditis and tuberculous meningitis.’
- ‘A post-mortem examination later found that the animal had been suffering from chronic pneumonia and pericarditis, an inflammation of the membranes of the heart.’
- ‘Carditis associated with rheumatic fever manifests as pericarditis, myocarditis, and most commonly, endocarditis.’
- ‘Depending on the underlying cause, the acute inflammatory response in pericarditis may produce serous fluid, pus, or dense fibrinous material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.