One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring around a joint of the body.
- ‘When a patient complains of joint pain, the first step is to determine whether the source of the pain is the joint or a periarticular soft tissue structure such as a bursa or tendon.’
- ‘The position and orientation of the joint, and the presence of degenerative changes and periarticular ossifications were reviewed.’
- ‘Pain in degenerative bone and joint disease is usually said to be due to inflamed periarticular soft tissues.’
- ‘Early on in the inflammatory process, only the periarticular portion of the bones are affected.’
- ‘Investigations for inflammatory disease were negative and a plain x-ray showed only periarticular osteopenia and a joint effusion (left).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.