Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated in or affecting the area around the anus.
- ‘Cutaneous infection typically involves the perianal area with a migratory, serpiginous rash that can spread to the buttocks, groin, or trunk.’
- ‘Interventional treatments should be reserved until perianal sepsis and inflammation are well controlled.’
- ‘In both men and women, lesions may appear on the perianal area, thighs, or buttocks.’
- ‘A rapid strep test or a culture of the perianal area may elucidate the diagnosis.’
- ‘Topical application to the perianal skin is an alternative pharmacological approach.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.