Situated in or affecting the area around the anus.
- ‘A rapid strep test or a culture of the perianal area may elucidate the diagnosis.’
- ‘Topical application to the perianal skin is an alternative pharmacological approach.’
- ‘Interventional treatments should be reserved until perianal sepsis and inflammation are well controlled.’
- ‘In both men and women, lesions may appear on the perianal area, thighs, or buttocks.’
- ‘Cutaneous infection typically involves the perianal area with a migratory, serpiginous rash that can spread to the buttocks, groin, or trunk.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.