Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated in or affecting the area around the anus.
- ‘A rapid strep test or a culture of the perianal area may elucidate the diagnosis.’
- ‘In both men and women, lesions may appear on the perianal area, thighs, or buttocks.’
- ‘Cutaneous infection typically involves the perianal area with a migratory, serpiginous rash that can spread to the buttocks, groin, or trunk.’
- ‘Interventional treatments should be reserved until perianal sepsis and inflammation are well controlled.’
- ‘Topical application to the perianal skin is an alternative pharmacological approach.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.