One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I would particularly welcome input from cardiac surgeons, anesthesiologists and perfusionists about difficult points in the operation where additional energy techniques might be applied.’
- ‘An alternative system using membrane filtration has been developed that is less expensive because it obviates the need for a continuous-flow machine and a staff of skilled perfusionists.’
- ‘He was a perfusionist, that is, the medical technician who operates the heart-lung machine during open-heart surgery.’
- ‘As one of the perfusionists reported, ‘The surgeon empowered the team.’’
- ‘He said perfusionists, who work alongside theatre staff and are in charge of the patient's blood circulation, were given an extra £10,000 a year after several threatened to quit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.