One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Forms of creative activity that are performed in front of an audience, such as drama, music, and dance.
- ‘She has performed in theatres since childhood and did a performing arts degree at university.’
- ‘That is why performing arts and other art forms are used often to communicate social messages.’
- ‘It is essential that there is a proper venue for amateur performing arts in the city centre.’
- ‘There will also be a range of music and performing arts including 14 different jazz performances.’
- ‘Specialist colleges can focus on languages, the performing arts, science or technology.’
- ‘The event included a stage with performing arts, music, dance and song.’
- ‘The new site as well as being home to the Abbey will also be a centre for the performing arts.’
- ‘This year, the performing arts emphasis is on dance, but there is a smattering of theatre.’
- ‘To go for two subjects, technology and the performing arts, is unusual as schools usually focus on just one.’
- ‘Organisers say that the idea is to expose the audience to different performing arts.’
- ‘She also looks like she could go a long way in the competition, as she gives off that whole drama school / performing arts vibe.’
- ‘The existing library will be transformed into a drama studio and performing arts area which can also be used for lectures.’
- ‘He has given them access to music and related performing arts.’
- ‘The festival is for those involved in the amateur performing arts in the fields of music, dance, speech and drama.’
- ‘There is a reason, I think, why the performing arts are so important for creating social change.’
- ‘Likewise a performer needs to know everything about the performing arts.’
- ‘Bradford could become a centre for the performing arts drawing audiences from considerable distances.’
- ‘It has also protested against the loss of a town centre location for a community facility and the lack of performing arts facilities.’
- ‘Exchanges of performing arts including music, dance and drama are also frequent.’
- ‘The centre will cater for young artists, who will be able to develop their skills in painting or performing arts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.