One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who entertains an audience.‘a circus performer’
actor, actress, thespian, artiste, artist, entertainer, trouperView synonyms
- ‘Because of the young age of some of the performers, two casts will be taking part.’
- ‘The excellence of the artists and performers was enhanced by the great food and wine.’
- ‘Arrangements are also underway for street performers to entertain the crowds.’
- ‘For the next month the centre will play host to dozens of entertainers and performers.’
- ‘She is the only girl in the acrobatic troupe, and at 17 the youngest of the performers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.