One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who entertains an audience.‘a circus performer’
actor, actress, thespian, artiste, artist, entertainer, trouperView synonyms
- ‘Because of the young age of some of the performers, two casts will be taking part.’
- ‘The excellence of the artists and performers was enhanced by the great food and wine.’
- ‘She is the only girl in the acrobatic troupe, and at 17 the youngest of the performers.’
- ‘For the next month the centre will play host to dozens of entertainers and performers.’
- ‘Arrangements are also underway for street performers to entertain the crowds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.