Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An art form that combines visual art with dramatic performance.
- ‘She is known for her performative sculptures, video and performance art.’
- ‘The Fringe festival is a great way to see what's hot, fresh and funky in theatre, comedy and performance art.’
- ‘After all, how do you place performance art or conceptual art in a portfolio?’
- ‘Sometimes Asian performance art and body art converge with developments in the West.’
- ‘Puppets, patches, canvases, sculptures, and performance art are all created here.’
- ‘I also became very informed about experimental art such as performance art.’
- ‘Indeed, it would be hard to decode his work without some experience or knowledge of performance art and conceptual art practices.’
- ‘Some artists bypass the market by using alternative forms, such as installation and performance art, which are not readily packaged for sale.’
- ‘Not surprisingly, the heart of the East Village scene was performance art.’
- ‘However, in Tbilisi, performance art and dramatic art are alive and rich.’
- ‘As with all good performance art, one felt less a spectator than a participant.’
- ‘But its productions are less theatre and more a melange of performance art, music, video, and dance.’
- ‘Comprising mainly performance art, more traditional dance did manage to squeeze a satin-clad foot in the door, but only just.’
- ‘Thinking about it that way, it doesn't matter if she knows about performance art.’
- ‘He almost seems to be proclaiming the failure of performance art.’
- ‘It is part performance art, part percussive music, part art criticism, and definitely hilarious.’
- ‘For the last decade, she has focused on solo dance and performance art.’
- ‘Their work will embrace photography, sculpture, audio and video installations, performance art and painting.’
- ‘The form is bizarre, like a cabaret circa 1962 crossed with sketch comedy and performance art.’
- ‘This is essentially a three-dimensional cinema acknowledging sculpture and performance art.’
performance art/pərˈfôrməns ärt/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.