One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game in which all the batters from one team are retired in order, with no one reaching base.
- ‘If Johnson had not allowed another player to reach base, would he be credited with a perfect game?’
- ‘In the end, he came out on top, pitching his fourth career no-hitter and the eighth perfect game in baseball history.’
- ‘It was the 10th perfect game in baseball history and only the second in National League regular season play since 1900.’
- ‘My friend thinks this qualifies as a perfect game since no runners reached base.’
- ‘In baseball, there have been numerous perfect games, where a pitcher doesn't allow anyone to get on base.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.