One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most of our specimens were obtained percutaneously either by the clinician, cytopathologist, or radiologist.’
- ‘It was not until the 1980s that therapeutic cardiac electrophysiology emerged; this procedure, carried out while patients are conscious, uses wires passed percutaneously to the heart to ablate the cause of arrhythmias.’
- ‘Another arterial catheter was placed percutaneously into the left brachial artery.’
- ‘With this method, blood cultures are taken simultaneously through the suspected central catheter and percutaneously from a distant site.’
- ‘Alternatively, a catheter can be inserted percutaneously through the anterior wall of the trachea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.