A computer model or computerized machine devised to represent or simulate the ability of the brain to recognize and discriminate.
- ‘Although the one-layer perceptron applied only to elementary computations, it provided the foundation for today's multi-layered perceptrons that are capable of learning through processes such as backpropagation.’
- ‘The single-layer perceptron can be used with multi-value input and output in addition to binary data.’
- ‘A microcalcification detector is provided wherein individual detections are rank ordered and classified, and one of the features for classification is derived using a multilayer perceptron.’
- ‘This suggests to me that although representations of stimuli may be generated, the perceptron would not be able to associate them with each other.’
- ‘In this study, a multilayer perceptron network consisting of an input layer, an output layer and one hidden layer was used.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.