One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even when the content of a narrative is drawn from the world, the mode of presentation must differ perceptibly, if only slightly, from a pure imitation of real world events.’
- ‘It ended up extending to some 60 comments (at time of writing this post), but hadn't advanced perceptibly beyond the points I made in my primary post.’
- ‘‘The burden of sin and guilt and the fear of hell vanished from my mind, as perceptibly as an hundred pounds weight falling from a man's shoulder,’ he remembered.’
- ‘Our position as voyeurs in the ill-fated lives of the Smith family is like watching a train wreck: it's mesmerizing in its power, but you're unchanged when it's over - except your shock threshold moves perceptibly outward.’
- ‘The market's appetite for risk has changed perceptibly in the last two to three weeks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.