A salt which is an oxidized borate containing a peroxide linkage, especially a sodium salt of this kind used as a bleach.
- ‘If stains remain after several washings, try bleaching white cottons and linens with chlorine or sodium perborate bleach.’
- ‘Of the peroxy type bleaches, sodium perborate is the least expensive.’
- ‘These solid bleaches contain ingredients like perborate or percarbonate - compounds that react in water to release hydrogen peroxide.’
- ‘Sodium chlorite, hypochlorite, perborate, and peroxide are used to bleach paper, cotton, and rayon.’
- ‘This fabric may yellow so it should be bleached frequently with sodium perborate bleach.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.