An enzyme which breaks down peptides into amino acids.
- ‘The peptidase activities in the gingival fluid were maintained at lower levels during the experimental period in the test sites, while it reached 70% of that at baseline in the placebo sites.’
- ‘This enzyme may also act as a glutamyl peptidase, requiring only water as an acceptor.’
- ‘Pancreatic trypsin is a member of the large and diverse serine peptidase family.’
- ‘Once inside the stroma, the transit sequence is cleaved off by the stromal processing peptidase.’
- ‘Some bacteria naturally have more of these protease and peptidase enzymes than other bacteria, so careful characterization is necessary to select the strains with the highest level of the desired enzymes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.