One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Beef and pork sausage seasoned with pepper.
- ‘The only drawback is the lack of sausage and pepperoni, but pork isn't very healthy anyway.’
- ‘Choose a salad instead of French fries, or cheese pizza instead of pepperoni, she advised.’
- ‘Skip the pepperoni, sausage, bacon or extra cheese since these add fat, saturated fat and cholesterol to the pizza.’
- ‘Nearly two-thirds of all restaurant visits include French fries, pepperoni, potato salad or jelly filling.’
- ‘She's complaining because I ordered pepperoni on one and sausage on the other.’
- ‘Add soy pepperoni to veggie pizza, or combine sliced soy sausage with peppers, onions and potatoes for a hearty stir-fry.’
- ‘They'd forgotten not to put pepperoni on the pizza we ordered last night,’
- ‘Since my beer was free, I had a little extra money to order a pizza with pepperoni and onions.’
- ‘And it's not just how much pepperoni goes on the pizza or how much mayo goes in the tuna.’
- ‘He called the number and ordered the two pepperoni and sausage pizzas aright after Aaron left to pick up Fanny.’
- ‘It was morning and we were all sitting on the floor in my bedroom eating leftover pepperoni and hamburger pizza for breakfast.’
- ‘There were four slices with everything on it, two slices of cheese and one pepperoni and sausage.’
- ‘I'm also going to look for the best pepperoni pizza in Seattle.’
- ‘Why stop with just one meat when you can drown a pizza in pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon, beef, and pork toppings?’
- ‘Everyone decided on three different kinds of pizza: cheese, pepperoni, and everything.’
- ‘Then you just layer on the chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and pepperoni or salami and put it back into the oven.’
- ‘Anyway, I got a large pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and peppers.’
- ‘Add tomatoes, stock, beans, pepperoni or ham, chilli powder and basil.’
- ‘There's pork mince, peppers, pepperoni, ham, pineapple, tomato purée and herbs in it.’
- ‘Yes, fatty hamburgers, pepperoni, bacon, and ribs are unhealthy and should be eaten only occasionally, if at all.’
From Italian peperone ‘chili’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.